Welcome to GSA’s online Press Room. There are a number of resources available here for journalists:
Current press releases, which feature new research by members, updates on the society, policy developments, and Annual Meeting details
The Expert Referral Service (a database of experts on nearly every aspect of aging and aging research)
- A request form to join GSA’s media mailing list. Simply provide your name, e-mail, address, and telephone number, and we'll keep you updated on the latest happenings in gerontology (and our Annual Scientific Meeting, too).
For more information or to request the full text of journal articles, please use our Contact Us form
Current Press Releases
- Religious Music Brings Benefit to Seniors’ Mental Health (April 18, 2014)
- Internet Use May Cut Retirees’ Depression (April 17, 2014)
- Scholars Propose New Standards for Gauging Muscle Decline in Older Adults (April 15, 2014)
- Change AGEnts Network Will Spur Transformations in Dementia Caregiving (March 25, 2014)
- As Age-Friendly Technologies Emerge, Experts Recommend Policy Changes (March 20, 2014)
- Students Writers Pay Tribute to Influential Elders with Award-Winning Essays (March 5, 2014)
- As America’s Senior Population Grows, Meeting to Outline Effective Education About Aging (February 20, 2014)
- The Association for Gerontology in Higher Education Honors New Officers, Fellows, Awardees (February 20, 2014)
- February 12 Senate Hearing Will Explore Senior Entrepreneurship (February 11, 2014)
- President’s Speech Puts Scientific Funding Concerns in National Spotlight (January 29, 2014)
- Blieszner Takes Office as The Gerontological Society of America’s President (December 13, 2013)
- Investments in Aging Biology Research will Pay Longevity Dividend, Scientists Say (November 20, 2013)
- GSA’s New Orleans Briefing Schedule Covers Hot Topics for Healthy Aging (November 8, 2013)
- Experts Examine Success of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Treating Older Veterans’ Depression (November 4, 2013)
- New Online Tools Guide Pharmacists Toward Effective Communication with Seniors (October 31, 2013)
- Aging Organizations Join Forces with NIH to hold First-Ever Summit on Geroscience (October 29, 2013)
- Aging Organizations Applaud Senate Committee’s Focus on Tackling Age-Related Diseases (October 28, 2013)
- Media Invited to National Research Summit on Link Between Aging Processes, Chronic Disease (October 24, 2013)
- Three New Centers to Focus on Enhanced Geriatric Social Work Training (October 23, 2013)
- National Hartford Centers of Gerontological Nursing Excellence Names New Officers (October 23, 2013)
- Journalism Fellowship Recognizes America’s Top Age Beat Reporters (October 4, 2013)
- Change AGEnts Will Enable Evidence-Based Improvements for Health Care Practice (September 30, 2013)
- Join GSA in New Orleans for the Nation’s Premier Aging Conference! (September 27, 2013)
Click here for archived press releases.
MetLife Foundation Journalists in Aging Fellows Program
Thanks to a generous grant from the MetLife Foundation, GSA is once again teaming with New America Media on a fellowship program for journalists. GSA's website features a continuously updated list of stories generated by the fellows.
Journal Alerts via E-mail
Register to receive free alerts from The Gerontologist and the Journals of Gerontology, including e-mail tables of contents, advance access alerts, and CiteTrack citation and keyword alerts! These and other notifications are a free service of Oxford Journals’ "My Account." Visit www.oxfordjournals.org/register to sign up.
GSA produces several e-newsletters on various topics in the field of aging, such as civic engagement, public policy, business, and social work.