Membership Types & Benefits
Regular Membership ($160/year) includes:
- Online subscriptions to the following preeminent scholarly publications: The Gerontologist, The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, and Public Policy & Aging Report . (Membership also includes print subscriptions to two of these four publications - receive three for an additional $49/yr. or all four for $60/yr.)
- Reduced registration rates to our Annual Scientific Meeting, the nation’s largest multidisciplinary gathering of gerontology researchers from around the world. Save up to $180!
- An annual subscription to Gerontology News, a monthly newsletter reporting on policy issues, Society activities, funding opportunities, new resources, and much more.
- A subscription to GSA Announcements, an electronic newsletter with timely updates and deadline reminders available only to members.
- Exclusive access to a searchable membership directory with all the information you need to stay in touch with colleagues.
- Valuable networking opportunities through our professional sections, interest groups, and committees.
- International peer recognition through awards, fellowship, and elected offices.
- Career services through AgeWork, GSA’s online resource center for jobs in the aging profession.
- Inclusion in GSA's Expert Referral Service, a tool we use to put the media, policy makers, and others in touch with aging authorities. It's a terrific way to get the recognition you deserve for your work and research.
- Access to the resources of our educational branch, the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE), and our policy institute, the National Academy on an Aging Society (Academy).
- Reduced rates for the Society’s other publications (e.g., Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, and AGHExchange) and products in the Online Store.
- Exclusive members-only discounts for Oxford University Press, SAGE Publications, and Springer Publishing Company titles.
Student Membership ($75/year) includes:
- All benefits of regular membership but at a reduced rate (for a maximum of seven years), plus participation in our Emerging Scholar and Professional Organization (ESPO), which has its own officers and committees, holds special activities on campuses around the country, and offers significantly reduced registration rates for the Annual Scientific Meeting. Available only to those enrolled full time in accredited institutions of higher education, those completing internship or residency requirements, and post-doctoral researchers and fellows.
Transitional Student Membership ($99/year) includes:
- All benefits of regular membership but at a reduced rate (for a maximum of two years). Intended for those transitioning to permanent career posts, this type is only available to current GSA ESPO student members.
Undergraduate Student Membership ($25/year) includes:
- All benefits of the student membership listed above, except for printed copies of the journals. (These members will have online access only.) Available to undergraduates enrolled full time in accredited institutions of higher education.
Spouse Membership ($45/year) includes:
- All benefits of regular membership, except for journals. Eligible to spouses of those in the regular membership category.
Emeritus Membership includes:
- Eligible only to those who have been a member or fellow for 20 or more consecutive or non-consecutive years and are no longer compensated for professional work. Emeritus members can receive print journals at a special rate. Please contact GSA directly to inquire about becoming an emeritus member.