Fellow Nominations are Open Through February 15
Fellow status — the highest category of membership within the society — is an acknowledgment of outstanding and continuing work in the field of gerontology.
ALL PACKET MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE BELOW ONLINE FORM NO LATER THAN 11:59 P.M. PST ON FEBRUARY 15TH.
The Gerontological Society of America awards GSA fellow status (FGSA) and Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education fellow status (FAGHE).
Nominations may be made from December 15, 2023 through February 15, 2024
Fellows nominations must be made by an active fellow.
- GSA maintains a list of active GSA fellows and AGHE fellows.
- The nominator must be a member of the same section as the nominee.
Fellow nomination packets must include the following items (additional instructions may be found in the online form):
- Updated CV that clearly highlights the ways in which the nominee meets the eligibility criteria.
- Nomination letter from a fellow in the same section as the nominee. The letter must address the general criteria as well as section-specific criteria and be signed by at least 3 supporters.
- Personal Statement addressing eligibility criteria.
- GSA Involvement Statement addressing eligibility criteria.
After the nomination packet has been submitted, it will go through several stages of reviews. Results will be provided by e-mail in May 2024. GSA will honor the new fellows with a pin and a framed certificate at the 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org